The process for applying for a building permit has changed. The new process is as follows:
1. Applicant fills out the Town Building Permit Application. This application can be obtained at town hall, or by clicking below:
Building Permit Application - Download & View (PDF – 681KB)
2. The application is left at town hall and the town clerk will phone the Zoning Administrator to let him know. He will then approve or deny the request.
3. After the Zoning Administrator approves the application, the applicant will be responsible for taking the application to the Washington County Department of Permits and Inspections, located at 80 West Washington Street, Hagerstown, Maryland 21740. The county office will review the information and collect any fees associated with the application.
4. Once the county has completed the permit, it will be delivered to town hall. This process can take anywhere from 2-4 weeks.)
5. The Zoning Administrator will then check the permit to assure zoning compliance and the applicant will be contacted to pick up the permit from town hall during business hours.